Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friday, October 29, 2010

It rained all night last night and this morning when we got up it was still raining. Normally we get up at around 6:15 to listen to the Bible on tape, in spanish, and drink coffee, but because it was storming this morning no one got up until about 8. Poor Das didn't get the info so she got up at 6. I didn't get up until about 7 we then sat in the kitchen drinking hot coffee and trying to stay warm. When we were coming out of the kitchen with Nichole we saw a dead scorpion on the walkway. Nichole said that after it hasn't rained in awhile and then it rains really hard like it did last night that that's normally when the scorpions and turantilas come out. That totally creeped me out, but so far we haven't seen any more.

Last night Julia fell on the stairs to her room, and this morning she was having contractions so we had to take an unexpected trip to the clinic. When we were waiting for Julia to get done Dassi and I sat in the waiting room with Malissa. We had to wait for awhile so I entertained Malissa with my phone and helped her color with my pen. She isn't scared of me anymore; she loves me. The doctor said that Julia would be fine, but they thought that her placenta might be starting to detach. Because they couldn't give Julia a sonogram at the government clinic, we had to go to a hospital in one of the bigger towns. In the end everything ended up being ok. Julia and the baby are fine she just has to take it easy for a couple days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment