Monday, October 25, 2010

We Made It!!

Although Dassi didn't get to come with me on the second half of the flight, our trip went incredibly well. I had a few problems filling out the visa form on the second flight, they gave me one in spanish, after about 30 minutes of sitting there looking like a complete idiot the man sitting next to me translated it for me. Because my flight came in 2 hours before Dassis, I had time to just relax and get caught up with Nichole before our bumpy ride back to the village. On our way home we stopped at a road side restaurant for a delicious dinner of real Mexican tacos. I was really tired so on the way home I fell asleep for awhile leaving Dassi to answer all of Jason's questions. Because of the bumpy roads my sleep didn't last very long so when we got to the village and unloaded all of our stuff I didn't have any trouble falling right to sleep.

So far our day has been very relaxed. Nichole wanted us to get some rest so we slept in until about 9 this morning. When we woke up it was really cold, but now it is almost hot. The weather is crazy. It's not very muddy right now which is nice. Since we were here last, they made several improvements to the village there are now two showers, a sick by the bathrooms, and several new dorms. The kitchen they were working on when we were here last time is also finished and much nicer then the old one. Everything also seems to be a lot cleaner.

They now have several goats, three adorable kittens, and Jasmine has a puppy named Bella. When we were here last December they had a dog named Soldier, but he ran away so they got Bella. This morning one of the goats followed Jasmine and Marie, a girl they took in of the streets, up to the kitchen. It was quite humorous. Marie lives in the room that we are staying in, she is 9 years old.

This evening Dassi and I are going to get our Hepatitis A and B and Influenza shots. I'm sure that getting these vaccinations is a great idea and all, but I really hate shots. It's great getting to see some of the people i know again. Unfortunately I can't talk to them yet. I'm so excited about this trip I still can't believe that its actually happening. I really am getting to live my dreams!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment