Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Well, I must say the shots weren't half as bad as I expected, and though I have been getting tired a little more than more lately, I managed to survive. Everything has been pretty relaxed. The weather has been nice and dry until today, the day we decided to do laundry of course.

Today Nichole and Dassi went into town to run some errands and take one of Nichole's patients, sister Banita, to get a tomografia. I stayed home and did school with Jasmine and Sed. Luckily Jasmine and I finished our school by lunch time, unlike the other day when we didn't finish until around 3 in the afternoon. After lunch and clean up we shucked some dried corn for making tortillas. While we were shucking corn, Rojo, a fourteen year old boy who lives in the village, professed his love for me to Jasmine and Sofia, one of the sisters, it was very humorous. When Sofia told him that Jasmine had told me he got embarrassed even though he was joking. Jasmine told him he could go work for my dad for seven years, like Joseph in the bible, he changed his mind real fast. Even though it was a complete joke, they teased him about it all afternoon. It was really funny. When Jasmine left to play, Sofia and another one of the sisters attempted to help us with spanish and Dassi and I attempted to teach them some English words. They also tried to teach us some of their native indian language. Even though I'm sure I sounded like a complete idiot and they were all laughing at me, I had fun.

Tonight we went to a church service for the first time since we have been here. We rode to the church service in the back of the blue truck with about ten other people, not as crowded as it usually is. It was a very bumpy ride. Melissa, a little girl who lives in the village, actually managed to fall asleep. Because I was holding her when she fell asleep and I kept her from falling of the seat, she wanted to hold my hand on the way home, it was really sweet. It was pouring rain when we got home. After eating a nice hot dinner and getting a shower, I am heading to bed. Buenas noches!

0 comments:

Post a Comment