Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Every Friday Sed, Angel, and about four other men go out and preach in some of the unreached villages and in some of the established churches that are a couple hours away from the village. They leave Friday at about four and don't come home until Monday morning. Because like six of the men are gone, it was a lot quieter than normal this morning. There were only seven of us at "breakfast" this morning, Nichole let the younger girls sleep in because its Saturday. After we did the little bit of clean up that was there, Dassi and I did our laundry. Poor Dassi did all the scrubbing. It was cold and there is only cold water so I'm sure her hands were freezing. We finished our laundry just after the first kids showed up for children's church.

Saturday is the day we have children's church. The kids from the churches closer to the village all come out and spend about half of the day here. They started showing up at around 10:30 or 11, so we didn't get started until 11:30. First we sang some songs. I actually remembered some of them from the last time I was here. When they were finished singing Dassi and I attempted to teach them Cast your Burdens. It was very unique. Nichole then read them a story from the Bible and they colored some pictures. Aldo, Dassi's godson, came to children's church this morning and Dassi was glad to finally get to see him, but for half the morning he acted like he was scared of her and he wouldn't talk to her. It wasn't until after lunch before they served the cake that he warmed up to her. He is so cute. All of the kids didn't end up leaving until about 3:15.

I can't believe that I have been here for almost a week already! In a sense it seems like I never left like I've been here for forever, but then it seems like I just got here. Well, I guess that's all for now. Dios le bendiga!

0 comments:

Post a Comment